Delik James' Chronicles

Getting Quads is like a wink from the poker gods, but when the river comes and you're the bearer of Quad Sevens - you can be damn sure you're just sopping in luck. Quad Seven Poker provides a unique glimpse into the poker world - take the gamble and come on in!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gig

Growing up, through elementary school and right on up, I would sometimes think about how in high school, you get to have a little quote under your picture in the yearbook. I would wonder what my quote would be, what it would mean to me and whether it could make me laugh. I decided early on though, that I would make no commitments or serious considerations until I would eventually have to fill out the form in the winter of my senior year.

I can be a bit of a quote junkie sometimes.
Saying just the right thing in just the right way is quite appealing...

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."

"Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved."

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

Of coarse, I still remember my quote and consider it to be a true testament of my feelings at that time. Different from the typical "NBHS Hurricanes rule!" however, I can honestly say it reflects my mindset still today.

I thought of this because of an announcement I have to make:
I'm excited to report that in addition to blogging here at Quad Seven Poker, I'll be joining the great team of bloggers over at Poker Bankroll Blog as a weekly blog author, providing a new post every Friday on their site!

If somehow you haven't visited them yet, definitely surf on over. It's a great resource for improving the way you look at and operate your bankroll. Not to mention, there's a great Poker BRB Forum and an awesome cast of characters blogging throughout the week...hmm, I guess I did mention it after all.

So my yearbook quote?

"Fill what's empty, Empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Life is good.

Del


Note: Poker Bankroll Blog is now featured in Quad Seven's Top 7 Links

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh such nice words about the Poker BankRoll blog. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside:-)

Keep up the good writing

Mark