Delik James' Chronicles

Getting Quads is like a wink from the poker gods, but when the river comes and you're the bearer of Quad Sevens - you can be damn sure you're just sopping in luck. Quad Seven Poker provides a unique glimpse into the poker world - take the gamble and come on in!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pitter Patter

I'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend...no wait - fiancé (still trying to get used to that title), that has been forever supportive of my poker career. Truth be told, I could ask for no greater support system in this department than her. This week however - it all became more clear...

I get a call mid-day with the usual, "miss you much" kind of stuff followed by a "guess what!?"
Well, without a moment to take that guess, she tells me about a local tournament coming up that she thinks would be perfect for me to take full advantage of. Apparently, this annual function boasting the 'biggest grand prize yet' pulls in hundreds of local players each year to battle it out for cash prizes as well as some heavy merchandise ranging from big screens to shopping sprees. Then, I hear the first prize and I know I have no choice but to enter and WIN this tourney... first place gets a '08 Mazda CX-9...oh joy.

Call it an early Birthday present, Christmas gift or Anniversary gesture...but however you look at it - this car MUST be hers. I guess since she puts up with all my shit the least I can do is jump into a lion's den of locals for a few days to get a chance to ride away with an automobile that makes her heart go pitter-patter.

I'll keep you posted on the results.

Delik

No comments: